1. Speed of boat in still water is 10kmph..if it travels 24km downstream,16km upstream in the same amount of time,what is the speed of the stream?
2. A cube of 3 units is painted on all sides. If this cube is divided into cubes of 1 unit,how many cube have none of their faces painted?
(e)none of these
3. If a person sells a product for rs141/- he suffers a loss of 6%.if he has to have a profit of 10%, at what price should he sell it?
(a) Rs. 200
(c) Rs. 155
4. A ball falls from a height of 8ft ,bounces back to half the distance & continues till it comes to rest. What is the total distance traveled by the ball?
(d)cannot be determined
5. Which of the following is the sum of 3 consecutive prime nos?
(c)both a &b
6. If the area of a square has increased by 69%,by what % has its side increased?
7. In a class the average age is 16yrs.if the teacher who is 40 yrs of age is also included ,the average becomes 17yrs,how many students were there?
8. If 3 houses are to be painted,mr A can paint a house in 6 days(nos are not same)...mr B can do the same in 8 days...& mr.C in 12 days.if mr A does the work for 8 days & leaves for vacation, & mr B continues the work for the next 6 days, for how many days should mr.C work?
9. 4 thieves rob a bakery of the breadone after the other. each thief takes half of what is present ,& half a bread...if at the end 3 bread remains,what is the no of bread that was present initiallly?
10. If the 1rst day of 1999 is a sunday,what is the last day?
(d) Cannot be determined.
11. If A driver drives a car four times a lap 10,20 30,60 kmph what is his average speed.
In a group there are two kinds of people type A & type B.type A people answer for any question as YES & that of type B as NO.if they can not answer to these question then they remain silent. the mayor asks question to them as follows........
12. If he asks a person are u type A
a.YES b.NO c. Silent d.Can not be determined
13. He asks two persons X &Ysimultaneously whether u of same type
a. YES b. NO c.YES or NO d. Silent e. can not be determined
14. Pointing to a person X he asks Y what is his type
a. YES b. No c. Silent d can not be determined
15. Pointing to a person X he asks Y if I ask him whether r u type A ,will he answer YES.Y says
NO .what type
of B is
a. YES b. NO . c. Silent d. can not be determined
16. Six squares of same dimension are kept side by side to make a rectangle with a perimeter of 182 cm. what is the perimeter of each square.
17. One student takes 20 mins to reach school if he goes at a speed of 15kmph .At what speed should he go to reach in 15 mins ( nos are not same)
Ans: 16 kmph
18. How many rational numbers are there between 0 & 5
19. A certain number of bullets were shared by 3 people equally.Each of them fired 4 bullets and the sum of the remaining bullets was equal to the initial share each had got.what was the initial number of bullets?